My project on the Zika virus and neurology in Brazil
If you want to learn more about my project in Brazil, my first blog post gives an overview and would be a good place to start.
If you’re interested in more detail on what the project work actually involves, I’ve also written about my day-to-day routine here in Brazil.
More about the Zika virus and its consequences
If you’re interested in learning more about the Zika virus itself, I’ve also written the following:
- An introduction to what the Zika virus is.
The ‘story’ of the Zika virus:
- Where the Zika virus came from and
- What is the situation with Zika virus now and what do we expect it to do next?
The neurological comlications of Zika virus in adults:
The effects of Zika virus on babies:
- Congenital Zika Syndrome: why microcephaly is just the ‘tip of the iceberg’ when it comes to the effects of Zika virus on children.
- What is the risk of congenital Zika syndrome for a pregnant mother with Zika virus? Are we underestimating the full extent of the problem?